Thursday, January 15, 2009

Walking Around Stockholm

I've been too busy working to do any real sightseeing yet, but the office I spend most of my time at this trip (so far) is within easy walking distance of my hotel, so I've been taking advantage of the opportunity to get some exercise.

The sun has shined three days in a row so far, this is a huge improvement over the previous trip, and I've actually seen the sun (not just the reflected light) each day. It still gets dark early, but the days are getting longer.

I took this picture on the way to work. And yes, I stood in the middle of the street to take it. Most streets (this one included) have a little pedestrian safety zone in the middle, so I wasn't in danger of getting run over (OK, not much danger). I liked the light reflecting off the building in contrast with the deep shadows.


There is construction everywhere, hence the scaffolding.
It was colder the other day. Wind chill made it fill like -9, which made the walk to work a tad brisk (I walked faster). I'm taking the subway back tonight, not just because of the cold, but there's another sign I want a picture of (more on that later).

Sweden is full of interesting signs, like this one that I found yesterday. No mother in laws...... :)

1 Comments:

Blogger pmnb said...

You would think that for a nice sign like that they could afford something better than Babelfish translation ;-)

March 13, 2009 at 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home