Saturday, March 07, 2009

You Lookin' At Me?

We had a wicked ice storm here Monday morning. I looked out the window and saw first one, then two, then three deer out in the back yard. Eventually, they made their way to the upper part of the yard, where I shot this picture through my sliding glass back door. They were originally facing away from me, so I made a few quiet clicking noises. This one turned around, stamped its foot and snorted at me a couple of times. He knew something was there, but since I didn't move, and being inside, he couldn't smell me, he didn't know what it was. Too funny.This was shot through the glass door and at least two windows, on an angle from the same position. Not bad, all things considered. They ambled off to the lower backyard after this, and met up with their third compatriot.
A short while later I walked out of the kitchen into the living room. All three of them were helping themselves to the bushes at the front of my house. They were about 4 feet away from me, and kinda startled me.

My neighbor said he's seen as many as 8 gathered around the shrubs in my frontyard. No wonder they look a little chewed up....They seemed to be focusing on the shrubs, and any maple twigs they could reach. They must be a bit hungry, but don't look like they're starving.

Once the snow melts, and the grass comes out, they'll probably enjoy that. So far, I still have to mow. :)

By the time I made it back with my camera to the living room they were long gone, unfortunately.

Going for a hike today, its supposed to be sunny and plus 8, and so far looks like it might live up to that promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home